Traditional houses are your homestays
All rooms have spectacular views
|Homestays provide you with:-
- Warm Spitian hospitality
- A clean room with clean bed sheets and pillow covers
- Local organic cuisine
- Boiled drinking water
- Traditional Spitian dry eco-friendly toilet
- Candle and lamps
Spiti has only just been opened to the outside world. Hence your support is imperative to enable the local community to preserve their natural and cultural wealth. It would be appreciated if you could observe the following codes of conduct during your sojourn in the Valley:-
- Educate yourself about the ecology, custom and culture of Spiti.
- Kindly do not leave behind any non bio-degradable garbage in the villages, especially used batteries and sanitary waste.
- Respect the local culture by dressing properly, refraining from loud talk and physical intimacy in public places.
- Avoid excessive consumption of alcohol and drugs in public places.
- Photography within the Monasteries is prohibited. Kindly also seek permission before clicking people and culture.
- Refrain from giving gifts to children.
- Keep all pollutants away from streams and water bodies.
- Kindly do not pluck medicinal plants and disturb the wild life.
- Kindly do not deplete Spiti of its natural & cultural heritage, by picking and purchasing fossils and ancient artefacts of natural & cultural value.
- Take good memories and leave only your foot prints behind.
© Copyright 2006
All Rights Reserved
Warm Spitian hospitality is the essence of homestays
Coupled with wholesome local cuisine