Ladakh’s beautiful scenery is its major attraction.
It also has spectacular springtime wildflowers.
Code of Conduct
This code was developed by Ladakhi women who operate Himalayan Homestays. We ask that you make every effort to follow
their requests while staying with Ladakhi families.
- Do not make public displays of affection.
- Do not wear revealing clothes like short skirts and sleeveless tops.
- Do not urinate or defecate near water or in the fields.
- Do not taste from the serving spoon.
- Do not stick your finger or spoon in cooking or serving pots.
- Do not interfere with cooking.
- Do not sit on the Choktse (Ladakhi table).
- Do not bargain over the homestay rates.
© Copyright 2003
All Rights Reserved